Hannah Van Weele is a certified pediatric nurse practitioner that grew up and has resided in the Canton area for over 30 years. She attended the University of North Georgia where she earned her Associates of Science in nursing in 2008. Following college, she worked for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite for five years in the gastrointestinal/endocrine specialty unit. While pediatrics has always been her main passion, she transitioned into another field working in adult hematology/oncology at Northside Hospital following the passing of her father from cancer. While working for Northside Hospital, she attended The University of Alabama at Birmingham and graduated with her Master of Science in nursing with a specialty in pediatrics. Following graduation, she worked as a pediatric nurse practitioner in the ENT and pediatric endocrinology field. She enjoys primary care as she loves to support and care for growing families.
In her downtime, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, along with other close family and friends. She and her family are active in their local church, and they enjoy spending time outdoors.
Education & Training
- Associates Degree, Nursing, University of North Georgia
- Bachelor’s Degree, Nursing, Georgia College and State University
- Master’s Degree, Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Certifications & Memberships
- Board Certified, Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB)
- Member, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Infant care
- Childhood growth and development
- Childhood obesity